We recently interviewed on of our favorite coworkers, Jorian who is part of the staff at Coworking on 15th Ave and helps to run this Phoenix office space.
1. What do you do? –
I’m currently a Marketing Intern at Coworking on 15th Ave. I will be an account executive at Yelp starting January 6th 2014.
2. What did you want to be growing up? –
Growing up i wanted to be a business owner like my mother. I wanted to take over her coffee shop called Between Friends.
3. Where did you attend college? –
Arizona State University
4. What is your degree in? –
Bachelors of Interdisciplinary Studies in Communication & Special Events Management.
5. Who is/was your role model, and why?
My role model would be my grandmother. She is one of the nicest and most genuine people you will ever meet despite having a horrible childhood and losing both of her parents. She always supports me and pushes me to be the best version of myself.
6. Tell me about a project or accomplishment that you consider being the most significant in your career.
– Being the first person on both sides of my family to attend and graduate from college.
7. What is your favorite animal and why? What animal would you describe yourself as?
– My favorite animal is the sea turtle because they have the best of both worlds living on land and in the sea. They are beautiful and gentle creatures that live in some of the most beautiful places in the world.
8. What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?
– Be a good listener
– Everything happens for a reason
– never burn any bridges because networking will take you far
9. Do you have any regrets?
– No because everything that has happened has gotten me to where I am today.
10. Where do you see yourself five years from now?
– I see myself traveling all over the world and working for a Marketing or PR firm somewhere in a big city or coastal area.
11. What are some things that make you really happy?
– my family & friends
– accomplishing my goals
12. Give me three adjectives that would best describe you.
13. What kind of music are you into?
– I’m into all kinds of music from classical to rock to Miley Cyrus and everything in between. The only kind of music I’m not a big fan of would be Screamo.
14. If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
– Title: Organized Confusion
– Summary: My life and the decisions I make towards achieving my goal of working for a Marketing/PR firm in the city, while making my way through the organized chaos I call my life.
15. How did you get into what you do?
– I chose ASU because of their business school W.P. Carey and because Arizona is beautiful and warm.
16. What do you do for fun?
– Hangout with friends, hike, watch Food Network, try new restaurants and ride my bike
17. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
– I would visit the French island of Bora Bora.
18. Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?
– I prefer to plan things out but life happens and I usually end up being spontaneous.
19. If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet and why?
– Walt Disney: He is the ultimate dreamer and entrepreneur who would have great advice on how to make your dreams come true.
20. How do you feel about public speaking?
– I love public speaking it comes very easy to me and i’m able to talk to just about anyone.
21. What are some of your major goals in life?
– Purchase my own home
– Own my own Marketing/PR firm
– get married
– travel to Greece, Thailand, Australia and Germany
22. What are some of your smaller goals in life?
– Receive the pay raise level at my new job within the first year.
– Take a vacation to Bora Bora in the next couple of years.
23. If you could fix one thing about yourself what would it be, and why?
– Have more confidence in what I know I’m capable of and to also be a better listener.
24. What is the first thing you notice about people?
– How they approach you in their demeanor and speech.
25. How would you explain your basic life philosophy?
– Take it one day at a time and tomorrow is a new day.
26. If you knew you would die tomorrow, what would you do today?
– I would fly home to Illinois to be with my family and spend the day with them.